Let's build together
Hello July, the official start of Winter! For some, the worst time of year. Two pairs of socks, dry skin, and the daily struggle of getting out of bed in the dark. For others, an opportunity to hibernate, indulging in cuddly quilts and hot cups of tea. For us, a time to set our intentions for success.
We are huge fans of out-of-season personal growth. It's a smart idea to shape yourself into your best version when times are slow; you'll only set yourself up for victory in the busier months. This July, we are focusing on the word ‘BUILD’ as our monthly mantra. Setting a monthly theme can be a great way to keep yourself focused; allowing you to plan your life with intention and take the pressure off yourself in the moment. What does BUILD mean to us?
- Sometimes you just have to put your head down and do what you've been putting off for the past few weeks. Time to take responsibility, and bite the bullet!
- Building relationships is all we are about as human beings. We are going to stay present and aware in our interactions and build relationships with integrity and authenticity.
- We want to build a solid foundation, for this business, our relationships and our personal lives too. That means setting up smart daily habits and using technology to help us achieve them.
- We are committing to building better 'self-love' habits. Build that daily meditation or yoga practice. Plan your week ahead of time, build in practice for good habits.
You can take inspiration from this theme in many ways. Be kind to yourself though, don't set too many goals or pack in too much, this is exactly why we burn out in the first place. Maintain an inner calm centre, and focus on building a trusting foundation. One that you can set yourself up on for greatness this July. Here are some ideas:
- Commit to 8 glasses of water a day. Use technology to set yourself reminders on the hour. Take a 1 minute 'closed eyes, deep breathing' break and down that water. This alone will change your life for the better.
- Get into bed 20 minutes earlier than you usually do and dedicate that time to some hard-copy reading. When last did you read from an actual book!?
- Put your laptop to sleep each day. Close all your tabs, empty out the trash can and actually shut your machine down. The technology that supports our lives deserves some care and consideration too.
- Set aside 10 minutes a day to be in nature. No phone, just you, the trees, the birds and the sky. A ten-minute walk up and down your road is totally achievable!
We'd really love to hear what you guys are up to, what is it that you are building this month?
Here’s to building our better selves this July.