Join us on for a morning session with Aleshia as she guides freelancers and small businesses on all the "Legal Stuff" you need to know.
Aleshia was admitted as an Attorney of the High Court in 2006. She is a member of the Law Society of the Northern provinces. She has 10 years post-qualification experience in corporate, commercial, labour and general law. She practised as an attorney and served as a Director before forming her own consulting firm.
The talk will outline:
1. A Legal guide to starting a business in South Africa:
- Which legal entity to house your business
- Contracts and agreements applicable to your business
- Labour law
- Statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to your business
2. Contracting in South Africa:
- the basics of the law of contract
- contractual terms explained
- doing business with major corporates
- protecting yourself in business